Jump to Main Content
Did you mean to type: adele?
- Hasa-Moreno, Adela, et al. Show all 13 Authors
- Journal of Molecular Biology 2013 v.425 pp. 1641-1654
- Staphylococcus aureus; animal models; antibiotics; antibodies; bacteremia; blood serum; crystal structure; humans; immune system; mechanism of action; multiple drug resistance; neutralization; plasma membrane; pneumonia; therapeutics
- ... The emergence and spread of multi-drug-resistant strains of Staphylococcus aureus in hospitals and in the community emphasize the urgency for the development of novel therapeutic interventions. Our approach was to evaluate the potential of harnessing the human immune system to guide the development of novel therapeutics. We explored the role of preexisting antibodies against S. aureus α-hemolysin ...
- Hasa-Moreno, Adela, et al. Show all 20 Authors
- Journal of Molecular Biology 2015 v.427 pp. 1513-1534
- Staphylococcus aureus; antigen-antibody reactions; biopharmaceuticals; epitopes; high-throughput nucleotide sequencing; mechanism of action; neutralization; neutralizing antibodies; yeasts
- ... The ability of antibodies to bind an antigen with a high degree of affinity and specificity has led them to become the largest and fastest growing class of therapeutic proteins. Clearly identifying the epitope at which they bind their cognate antigen provides insight into their mechanism of action and helps differentiate antibodies that bind the same antigen. Here, we describe a method to precisel ...