Jump to Main Content
- Hasanvand, Amin, et al. Show all 7 Authors
- Journal of the American College of Nutrition 2019 v.38 no.4 pp. 327-333
- blood sampling; blood serum; flatulence; gastrointestinal system; hospitals; irritable bowel syndrome; pain; patients; quality of life; vitamin D; vitamin D deficiency
- ... Objective: A high prevalence of vitamin D deficiency (VDD) in gastrointestinal (GI) disorders and the role of vitamin D in the function of the gut have been shown previously. Therefore, we aimed to evaluated the VDD and the possible association of the GI symptoms severity and quality of life (QoL) score with the serum levels of vitamin D in irritable bowel syndrome (IBS). Methods: A total of 90 pa ...
- Hasanvand, Amin, et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Food and chemical toxicology 2018 v.118 pp. 287-293
- confidence interval; congenital abnormalities; dose response; meta-analysis; models; neural tube defects; nitrates; observational studies; risk; systematic review; teratogenicity; toxicology
- ... Despite growing evidence for the potential teratogenicity of nitrate, knowledge about the dose-response relationship of dietary nitrate intake and risk of specific birth defects such as neural tube defects (NTDs) is limited. Therefore, the aim of this meta-analysis was to synthesize the knowledge about the dose-response relation between maternal dietary nitrate intake and the risk of NTDs. We cond ...