Jump to Main Content
- Hashimoto, Toshikazu, et al. Show all 7 Authors
- Frontiers of environmental science & engineering 2018 v.12 no.3 pp. 1
- aeration; air; cleaning; energy; membrane bioreactors; municipal wastewater; polytetrafluoroethylene; specific energy; strength (mechanics); surface area
- ... In this study, we modified a polytetrafluoroethylene (PTFE) hollow-fiber membrane element used for submerged membrane bioreactors (MBRs) to reduce the energy consumption during MBR processes. The high mechanical strength of the PTFE membrane made it possible to increase the effective length of the membrane fiber from 2 to 3 m. In addition, the packing density was increased by 20% by optimizing the ...
- Hashimoto, Toshikazu, et al. Show all 12 Authors
- Journal of bioscience and bioengineering 2016 v.122 no.1 pp. 97-104
- activated sludge; bacterial communities; bioreactors; carbon; community structure; monitoring; municipal wastewater; organic nitrogen compounds; phylogeny; restriction fragment length polymorphism; wastewater treatment
- ... This study investigated changes in the structure and metabolic capabilities of the bacterial community in a full-scale membrane bioreactor (MBR) treating municipal wastewater. Microbial monitoring was also conducted for a parallel-running conventional activated sludge (CAS) process treating the same influent. The mixed-liquor suspended solid concentration in the MBR reached a steady-state on day 7 ...