Jump to Main Content
- Hazrana, Jaweriah, et al. Show all 3 Authors
- Land use policy 2020 v.91 pp. 104427
- crops; farms; geography; issues and policy; land use; models; monitoring; villages
- ... Employing a multilevel model, this paper demonstrates the importance of contextual effects, over and above the compositional effects, in shaping the geographical pattern of agricultural diversification towards high value crops. The results reveal that, besides household-level differences, the contextual effects of higher geographical levels, especially states and villages, explain significant vari ...
- Hazrana, Jaweriah, et al. Show all 2 Author
- Agricultural systems 2019 v.173 pp. 345-354
- adverse effects; agricultural productivity; climate; drought; floods; heat stress; production technology; India
- ... Indian agriculture is highly vulnerable to climate shocks, such as floods, droughts and heat-stress. In this paper, using a dynamic panel-data approach we have assessed the impact of rainfall-deficit and heat-stress on agricultural productivity, and subsequently evaluated effectiveness of crop diversification in mitigating their adverse effects. The findings show that both rainfall-deficit and hea ...