Jump to Main Content
Did you mean to type: shawn?
- Heaphy, Shaun, et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Biotechnology letters 2015 v.37 no.4 pp. 837-847
- Rhodococcus erythropolis; amino acid sequences; genes; horizontal gene transfer; nucleotide sequences; phylogeny; polymerase chain reaction; ribosomal RNA; sequence analysis; sulfur
- ... Rhodococcus spp. (Eu-32) has the unique ability to metabolize organic sulphur containing compounds like dibenzothiophene through an extended sulphur specific pathway (Akhtar et al., in FEMS Microbiol Lett 301:95–102, 2009). Efforts were made to isolate and characterize the presumed desulphurizing genes (dszABC) involved in the sulphur specific pathway of isolate Eu-32 by employing standard and deg ...
- Heaphy, Shaun, et al. Show all 10 Authors
- Applied and environmental microbiology 2009 v.75 no.18 pp. 5750-5760
- DNA libraries; biogeography; community structure; environmental factors; lakes; microbial communities; nucleotide sequences; ribosomal RNA; salts; Argentina; China
- ... We used cultivation-independent methods to investigate the prokaryotic biogeography of the water column in six salt lakes in Inner Mongolia, China, and a salt lake in Argentina. These lakes had different salt compositions and pH values and were at variable geographic distances, on both local and intercontinental scales, which allowed us to explore the microbial community composition within the con ...
- Heaphy, Shaun, et al. Show all 7 Authors
- Applied and environmental microbiology 2006 v.72 no.1 pp. 135-143
- Acanthamoeba; RNA libraries; activated sludge; amino acid sequences; amino acids; application technology; cDNA libraries; clones; complementary DNA; enzymes; genomic libraries; messenger RNA; open reading frames; ribosomal RNA; ribosomal proteins; sewage sludge; sewage treatment; springs (water); trophozoites; China; United Kingdom
- ... Here we describe the application of metagenomic technologies to construct cDNA libraries from RNA isolated from environmental samples. RNAlater (Ambion) was shown to stabilize RNA in environmental samples for periods of at least 3 months at -20°C. Protocols for library construction were established on total RNA extracted from Acanthamoeba polyphaga trophozoites. The methodology was then used on al ...
- PubMed Central: