Jump to Main Content
- Heinonen, Seppo, et al. Show all 10 Authors
- BMC genetics 2016 v.17 no.1 pp. 121
- 3' untranslated regions; G-proteins; body mass index; confidence interval; genes; genotyping; hypertension; models; obesity; odds ratio; pathogenesis; patients; pre-eclampsia; pregnancy; risk; risk profile; women
- ... BACKGROUND: Preeclampsia is a common and heterogeneous vascular syndrome of pregnancy. Its genetic risk profile is yet unknown and may vary between individuals and populations. The rs4606 3′ UTR polymorphism of the Regulator of G-protein signaling 2 gene (RGS2) in the mother has been implicated in preeclampsia as well as in the development of chronic hypertension after preeclampsia. The RGS2 prote ...
- PubMed Central:
- Heinonen, Seppo, et al. Show all 6 Authors
- The British journal of nutrition 2012 v.108 no.5 pp. 910-917
- birth weight; counseling; diet therapy; dietary fat; education; fat intake; fetal macrosomia; food intake; food records; gestational diabetes; infants; lifestyle; nutritional adequacy; polyunsaturated fatty acids; pregnancy; pregnant women; risk factors; saturated fats; weight gain; Finland
- ... As part of a feasibility study to prevent gestational diabetes mellitus (GDM), we evaluated the effect of an intensive dietary therapy on quality of diet, weight gain and birth weight in women at high risk of GDM. Women with risk factors for GDM (n 54) were randomly assigned from April 2005 to May 2006 to a lifestyle intervention group (n 27) including dietary advice six times during pregnancy or ...