Jump to Main Content
- Hejase, Charifa A., et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Journal of colloid and interface science 2020 v.560 pp. 247-259
- adhesion; anionic surfactants; aqueous solutions; cations; coatings; droplets; electrostatic interactions; emulsions; fouling; hydrodynamics; models; nanofiltration; oils; salinity; seawater; sodium dodecyl sulfate; torque
- ... Oil droplet stability and electrical charge, and membrane’s affinity for oil govern droplet attachment to a membrane surface. Moderate droplet-surface affinity encourages surface coalescence and removal of droplets to help maintain the membrane relatively oil-free.Droplet attachment onto model nanofiltration membranes was studied, in situ and in real time, using the Direct Observation Through the ...
- Hejase, Charifa A., et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Water research 2019 v.156 pp. 347-365
- air; beverages; coagulation; fouling; industry; microfiltration; monitoring; oils; solvents; wastewater
- ... The large volumes of oily wastewater generated by various industries, such as oil and gas, food and beverage, and metal processing, need to be de-oiled prior to being discharged into the environment. Compared to conventional technologies such as dissolved air flotation (DAF), coagulation or solvent extraction, membrane filtration can treat oily wastewater of a much broader compositional range and ...