Jump to Main Content
- Qiu, Fan; Ungerer, Mark C.
- BMC plant biology 2018 v.18 no.1 pp. 6
- Helianthus agrestis, etc ; Helianthus annuus; correlation; diploidy; evolution; genomics; high-throughput nucleotide sequencing; nuclear genome; retrotransposons; terminal repeat sequences; transcription (genetics); transcriptome; transposons; Show all 13 Subjects
- ... BACKGROUND: Long terminal repeat (LTR) retrotransposons are highly abundant in plant genomes and require transcriptional activity for their proliferative mode of replication. These sequences exist in plant genomes as diverse sublineages within the main element superfamilies (i.e., gypsy and copia). While transcriptional activity of these elements is increasingly recognized as a regular attribute o ...
- PubMed Central:
- Bartelme, Elise; Bowsher, Alan; Donovan, Lisa A.
- Helia 2018 v.41 no.68 pp. 23-43
- Helianthus agrestis, etc ; Helianthus annuus; Helianthus carnosus; drought; drought tolerance; granite; greenhouse experimentation; habitats; leaf water potential; rooting; water uptake; water use efficiency; Show all 12 Subjects
- ... Helianthus porteri, a sunflower endemic to drought prone granite outcrops, has been hypothesized to be drought resistant. We compared H. porteri to three Helianthus species (H. annuus, H. agrestis, H. carnosus) from less drought prone habitats for traits associated with drought avoidance and tolerance in greenhouse experiments. Under well-watered conditions, H. porteri had high specific root lengt ...