Jump to Main Content
- Heller, P., et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Journal of veterinary medicine. Series B. 2006 v.53 no.5 pp. 224-228
- Salmonella Typhimurium; antibiotics; antibodies; enrofloxacin; enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay; feces; herds; immunoglobulin G; piglets; progeny; sows; suckling; vaccination; vaccines; weaning
- ... The efficacy of a homologous vaccination in preventing infection of suckling piglets with Salmonella (S.) Typhimurium was evaluated after an immunization of pregnant sows using an inactivated herd-specific S. Typhimurium vaccine. Twenty-five pregnant sows were vaccinated three times antepartum. The efficiency of this vaccine regime was assessed by comparison with a control group of 37 sows and the ...
- Heller, P., et al. Show all 9 Authors
- Zoonoses and public health 2005 v.52 no.2 pp. 69-74
- swine; food animals; animal breeding; quinolones; Salmonella typhimurium; animal pathogenic bacteria; salmonellosis; swine diseases; disease prevention; feeds; acidification; feed additives; sanitation; drug therapy; enrofloxacin; peracetic acid; sows; piglets; feces; immune response; food safety