Jump to Main Content
- Hellström, M., et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Aquaculture 2017 v.481 pp. 245-254
- cage culture; cages; chlorophyll; coasts; coral reefs; corals; ecosystem services; farmers; farms; fish; food production; infrastructure; interviews; lobsters; satellites; seedlings; water quality; wind; Vietnam
- ... A majority of the sea cage farms in South East Asia are located close to coral reefs. This causes a conflict between conservation and food production since sea cage aquaculture has a number of negative impacts on coral reefs. The aim of this investigation was to assess the drivers causing the sea cage farmers to place their farms close to reefs and to examine some potential farming effects in deta ...
- Hellström, M., et al. Show all 8 Authors
- Environmental science and pollution research international 2018 v.25 no.14 pp. 13360-13372
- Acropora cervicornis; Symbiodinium; additive effect; anthropogenic stressors; bleaching; chlorophyll; color; colorimetry; coral bleaching; coral reefs; corals; digital images; fish farms; glyphosate; image analysis; monitoring; photography; pollution; symbionts; water temperature; Vietnam
- ... The combined effects of the herbicide glyphosate and elevated temperature were studied on the tropical staghorn coral Acropora formosa, in Nha Trang bay, Vietnam. The corals were collected from two different reefs, one close to a polluted fish farm and one in a marine-protected area (MPA). In the laboratory, branches of the corals were exposed to the herbicide glyphosate at ambient (28 °C) and at ...
- PubMed Central: