Jump to Main Content
- Helyar, Keith R., et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Geoderma 2019 v.338 pp. 236-246
- acid soils; acidification; calcium chloride; field experimentation; liming; soil pH; subsurface soil layers; Australia
- ... An 18-year field experiment was conducted on a highly acidic soil in the mixed farming zone of south-eastern Australia. The experiment was a fully phased design with three major treatment contrasts: perennial systems versus annual systems; unlimed versus limed treatments; and permanent pasture versus pasture-crop rotations. The hypotheses tested in this study were that a) perennial systems would b ...
- Helyar, Keith R., et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Crop & pasture science 2010 v.61 no.1 pp. 12-23
- Merino; acid soils; acidity; business enterprises; cash crops; exchangeable aluminum; farmers; lambs; liming; long term experiments; pastures; permanent grasslands; proteins; soil depth; soil fertility; soil pH; steers; wethers; wheat; New South Wales
- ... Management of Acid Soils Through Efficient Rotations (MASTER) is a long-term agronomic experiment commenced in 1992. There were 3 fundamental treatment contrasts in this experiment: (a) annual systems v. perennial systems; (b) limed v. unlimed treatments; and (c) permanent pastures v. pasture-crop rotations. The soil was acidic to depth with pH (in CaCl₂) below 4.5 and exchangeable Al above 40% at ...