Jump to Main Content
- Herbst‐Johnstone, M., et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Australian journal of grape and wine research 2017 v.23 no.3 pp. 359-367
- activated carbon; benzyl alcohol; gas chromatography-mass spectrometry; gelatin; juices; linalool; odor compounds; odors; sensory evaluation; wine industry; winemaking; wines
- ... BACKGROUND AND AIMS: Fining agents are commonly used in the wine industry to improve many aspects of juices and wines. This study focused on the modulation of the aroma chemistry and sensory profiles of Sauvignon Blanc wines through high rates of juice fining. METHODS AND RESULTS: Sauvignon Blanc press fraction juices were fined with three commercially available agents at high rates. The juices we ...
- Herbst-Johnstone, M., et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Acta horticulturae 2013 no.978 pp. 179-186
- acetates; antioxidants; bottles; fatty acids; flowers; grapes; hexanols; juices; mechanical harvesting; odor compounds; odors; terpenoids; thiols; wines; yeasts
- ... Higher quality wines are usually associated with hand-picked grapes. However, we have shown that higher concentrations of the varietal thiols 3-mercaptohexanol (3MH) and 3-mercaptohexyl acetate (3MHA) are often formed in ‘Sauvignon blanc’ wines produced from machine-harvested grapes, although much lower concentrations were found in wines made from heavily pressed juices low in protective antioxida ...