Jump to Main Content
- Hernández-Hernández, H.M., et al. Show all 3 Authors
- Innovative food science & emerging technologies 2018 v.50 pp. 196-206
- food processing; heat treatment; industrialization; Latin America; United States
- ... This review aims to describe the basic principles and applications of novel thermal technologies focusing on studies in Latin American countries with respect to those worldwide to define the current needs in research. Definitions, technical characteristics, mechanisms of bacterial inactivation, and potential applications are described, as well as the current status of these technologies and their ...
- Hernández-Hernández, H.M., et al. Show all 8 Authors
- Industrial crops and products 2016 v.86 pp. 163-172
- Raman spectroscopy; X-ray diffraction; acetic acid; cellulose; delignification; hemicellulose; hydrochloric acid; leaves; lignin; lignocellulose; paper; pulp; pulping; scanning electron microscopy; solvents; viscosity
- ... The Acetosolv process is an organosolv treatment that has been used to separate cellulose, hemicellulose and lignin from lignocellulosic material by taking advantage of the higher affinity for the lignin oligomers to dissolve in organic solvents. However, the process conditions depend on the material used, thus the influence of process variables (time process, acetic acid concentration and hydroch ...