Jump to Main Content
- Hernando, David, et al. Show all 3 Authors
- Journal of cleaner production 2019 v.208 pp. 795-805
- bitumen; guidelines; rheological properties; rheometers; solvents; temperature
- ... The current design guideline of asphalt mixtures containing recycled asphalt shingles requires accurate characterization of shingle binder and its effect on virgin binder. This characterization employs hazardous solvents to extract and recover the shingle binder prior to testing. The objective of this study was to determine whether an enhanced mortar characterization method, which eliminates the n ...
- Hernando, David, et al. Show all 2 Author
- Vodohospodársky časopis 2015 v.63 no.1 pp. 55-62
- Universal Soil Loss Equation; natural resources conservation; rain; rain gauges; Spain
- ... The need for continuous recording rain gauges makes it difficult to determine the rainfall erosivity factor (Rfactor) of the Universal Soil Loss Equation in regions without good spatial and temporal data coverage. In particular, the R-factor is only known at 16 rain gauge stations in the Madrid Region (Spain). The objectives of this study were to identify a readily available estimate of the R-fact ...