Jump to Main Content
- Hesse, Arielle, et al. Show all 3 Authors
- Journal of rural studies 2019 v.68 pp. 296-305
- energy; resource management; risk
- ... Boomtown development refers to rapid economic and demographic change typically associated with energy development and natural resource extraction. Historically, boomtown scholarship has focused on local perceptions, disruptions and/or adaptations to boomtown development or, alternately, has examined such development temporally over the boom-bust-recovery cycle. This paper expands upon these conven ...
- Hesse, Arielle, et al. Show all 5 Authors
- TheAmerican behavioral scientist 2019 v.63 no.5 pp. 560-583
- ethics; information storage; qualitative analysis; research methods; researchers; social sciences
- ... This article examines the developments that have motivated this special issue on Qualitative Research Ethics in the Big Data Era. The article offers a broad overview of many pressing challenges and opportunities that the Big Data era raises particularly for qualitative research. Big Data has introduced to the social sciences new data sources, new research methods, new researchers, and new forms of ...