Jump to Main Content
- Hierro, N., et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Journal of applied microbiology 2004 v.97 no.4 pp. 792-801
- wine yeasts; chemotaxonomy; polymerase chain reaction
- ... Aims: To characterize reference yeast strains and identify indigenous strains isolated from wine fermentations by PCR methods. Methods and Results: We compared several PCR techniques for yeast identification. We used oligonucleotide primers that are complementary to (i) intron splice sites, (ii) REP and (iii) ERIC elements to produce PCR fingerprints that display specific patterns between the diff ...
- Hierro, N., et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Journal of applied microbiology 2004 v.96 no.4 pp. 853-860
- Acetobacter; Gluconacetobacter hansenii; Gluconobacter oxydans; acetic acid bacteria; alcoholic fermentation; genes; genotype; polymerase chain reaction; population dynamics; red wines; ribosomal DNA; strain differences; winemaking
- ... Aims: To apply rapid and reliable molecular techniques for typing acetic acid bacteria and studying their population dynamics during wine-making processes. Methods and Results: We tested the usefulness of the Enterobacterial Repetitive Intergenic Consensus-PCR (ERIC-PCR) and Repetitive Extragenic Palindromic-PCR (REP-PCR) techniques with reference strains of most of the species of acetic acid bact ...