Jump to Main Content
Did you mean to type: hines?
- Hinds, L., et al. Show all 8 Authors
- Journal of agricultural and food chemistry 2017 v.65 no.33 pp. 7186-7191
- Brassica oleracea; Daucus carota; Gram-negative bacteria; additives; antibacterial properties; antibiotics; broccoli; carrots; consumer attitudes; cultivars; diodes; foods; high performance liquid chromatography; minimum inhibitory concentration; polyacetylenes; sinigrin; tandem mass spectrometry
- ... Ongoing consumer concerns over using synthetic additives in foods has strongly influenced efforts worldwide to source suitable natural alternatives. In this study, the antibacterial efficacy of polyacetylene and glucosinolate compounds was evaluated against both Gram positive and Gram negative bacterial strains. Falcarinol [minimum inhibitory concentration (MIC) = 18.8–37.6 μg/mL] demonstrated the ...
- Hinds, L. A., et al. Show all 2 Author
- Reproduction, fertility, and development 2013 v.25 no.2 pp. 456-461
- Macropus eugenii; corpus luteum; lactation; progesterone; prolactin; rodents; secretion
- ... The corpus luteum (CL) of the tammar wallaby is inhibited by prolactin during lactation and seasonal quiescence. In seasonal quiescence a daily transient pulse of prolactin (PRL) of less than 2h duration is sufficient to maintain inhibition. We investigated whether the same inhibition applies in lactation and, if so, how. Our results show that inhibition of the CL during lactation is maintained by ...
- Hinds, L., et al. Show all 13 Authors
- Animal conservation 2010 v.13Suppls1 pp. 16-23
- Bufo marinus; Coleoptera; biological control; bufadienolides; crops; death; environmental impact; global warming; insect pests; metamorphosis; models; predators; sugarcane; toads; toxic substances; tropics; Western Australia
- ... The marine toad Bufo marinus is native to northern South America, parts of Central America and Southern Texas. It was deliberately introduced into Australia's tropical north‐east in 1935 in an unsuccessful attempt to control the cane beetle, a damaging insect pest of sugarcane crops. The toads quickly established in the new environment and began to spread. Today, they inhabit most of the Australia ...