Jump to Main Content
- Hintsa, Kidane, et al. Show all 2 Author
- Journal of resources and ecology 2018 v.9 no.3 pp. 317-329
- Acacia; Dichrostachys cinerea; Diospyros mespiliformis; Pterocarpus; Tamarindus indica; agropastoralism; altitude; analysis of variance; canopy; conservation areas; correspondence analysis; ecosystem services; forage; forests; invasive species; normalized difference vegetation index; rangelands; refugees; remote sensing; vegetation cover; villages; woodlands; woody plants; Ethiopia
- ... Communal rangelands provide diverse ecosystem services to millions of pastoralists and agro-pastoralists. Resettling destitute communities into hitherto uninhabited communal rangelands and forests, a common practice throughout Sub-Saharan Africa, is a threat to the sustainable use of range and forest land resources. In order to understand the effect of resettlement on a semi-arid woodland in north ...
- Hintsa, Kidane, et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Tropical animal health and production 2018 v.50 no.7 pp. 1435-1440
- Atriplex nummularia; acid detergent fiber; carcass characteristics; crude protein; diet; dry matter intake; growth performance; leaves; liveweight gain; neutral detergent fiber; sheep; weight gain; wheat straw; Ethiopia
- ... Atriplex nummularia (oldman saltbush) is widely planted on salt-affected land to provide a vegetative cover, which can be used as an alternative feed resource. The study was conducted to evaluate the replacement of commercial concentrate with oldman saltbush (SB) leaf on the feed intake, live weight gain, and carcass parameters of local sheep. Twenty-five sheep with an age of 6 months and weightin ...