Jump to Main Content
- Hippólito, Alícia Giolo, et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Invertebrate reproduction & development 2019 v.63 no.1 pp. 67-75
- Diogenidae; coasts; energy; environmental factors; fecundity; females; geographical variation; nitrogen; nutrients; phosphorus; plankton; spawning; water temperature; Brazil
- ... We aimed to study the fecundity and reproductive investment of Loxopagurus loxochelis under different environmental conditions. In total, 67 ovigerous females were analyzed, 20 from Macaé, 26 from Ubatuba and 21 from Cananéia. The cephalothoracic shield length, fecundity and reproductive investment (Ubatuba 10.2%, Macaé 8.9% and Cananéia 7.5%) were different among the regions (ANCOVA, p < 0.05), c ...
- Hippólito, Alícia Giolo, et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Journal of exotic pet medicine 2019 v.29 pp. 1-9
- Amazona; Ricinus communis; biopsy; chest; chlorhexidine; histology; oils; ointments; parrots; sodium chloride; wound treatment
- ... This study aimed to evaluate topical medications, lavage solutions and laser therapy for treating open clean wounds induced in captive blue-fronted Amazon parrots. Twenty-four blue-fronted Amazon parrots (Amazona aestiva) were divided into 6 groups according to the wound treatment: Group DEX—dexpanthenol 5% ointment; Group RIC—ointment of Ricinus communis oil; Group CHL—chlorhexidine digluconate s ...