Jump to Main Content
- Ho, Yee Ping, et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Phytotherapy research 2010 v.24 no.10 pp. 1538-1542
- Alzheimer disease; Magnolia; amyloid; calcium; caspase-3; cell death; herbs; neuroprotective effect; toxicity; vitamin E
- ... Amyloid β peptide (Aβ) induced toxicity is a well-established pathway of neuronal cell death which might play a role in Alzheimer's disease. In this regard, the toxic effect of Aβ on a cultured Aβ-sensitive neuronal cell line was used as a primary screening tool for potential anti-Alzheimer's therapeutic agents. The effects of nine pure compounds (vitamin E, α-asarone, salidroside, baicolin, magno ...
- Ho, Yee Ping, et al. Show all 5 Authors
- American journal of clinical nutrition 2010 v.91 no.5 pp. 1394-1401
- soy protein; isoflavones; glycemic control; insulin resistance; randomized clinical trials; menopause; women; Chinese people; disease course; hyperglycemia; diabetes; China
- ... BACKGROUND: In vitro and animal studies have suggested that soy protein and isoflavones have favorable effects on glucose and insulin regulation, but intervention studies in humans are limited, and the results are controversial. OBJECTIVE: We investigated whether soy protein with isoflavones and soy isoflavone extracts could improve glycemic control and insulin sensitivity in postmenopausal women ...