Jump to Main Content
- Hoedjes, J., et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Agricultural water management 2008 v.95 no.3 pp. 309-321
- Olea europaea; olives; orchards; evapotranspiration; semiarid zones; Food and Agriculture Organization; water requirement; irrigation management; water stress; simulation models; equations; meteorological data; Morocco
- ... The aim of this study is to use the FAO-56-based single crop coefficient approach to estimate actual evapotranspiration (AET) of an olive (Olea europaea L.) orchard in the Mediterranean semi arid region of Tensift-basin (central Morocco) during two consecutive growing seasons (2003 and 2004). The results showed that using crop coefficients K c suggested by FAO-56 method yielded an AET overestimati ...
- Hoedjes, J., et al. Show all 10 Authors
- Journal of hydrology 2009 v.375 no.1-2 pp. 217-226
- watersheds; topsoil; energy balance; vegetation types; surface layers; heat transfer; Sahel; Niger
- ... This paper deals with the issue of using scintillometry in conjunction with a simple aggregation scheme to derive area-averaged sensible and latent heat fluxes over a small watershed in Niamey, Niger (Wankama catchment). Data collected in the context of the African Monsoon Multidisciplinary Analysis (AMMA) program has been used to test the proposed approach. For this purpose, a Large Aperture Scin ...