Jump to Main Content
- Hoek, Steven B., et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Regional environmental change 2014 v.14 no.3 pp. 865-877
- carbon dioxide; climate; climate change; climate models; corn; crop management; crop yield; crops; drying; food security; foods; growing season; seasonal variation; simulation models; sugar beet; summer; weather; winter wheat
- ... Excessive summer drying and reduced growing season length are expected to reduce European crop yields in future. This may be partly compensated by adapted crop management, increased CO₂ concentration and technological development. For food security, changes in regional to continental crop yield variability may be more important than changes in mean yields. The assessment of changes in regional and ...
- Hoek, Steven, et al. Show all 38 Authors
- Global change biology 2014 v.20 no.7 pp. 2301-2320
- Zea mays; air temperature; carbon dioxide; climate change; climatic factors; corn; crop models; grain yield; simulation models; uncertainty; Brazil; France; Iowa; Tanzania
- ... Potential consequences of climate change on crop production can be studied using mechanistic crop simulation models. While a broad variety of maize simulation models exist, it is not known whether different models diverge on grain yield responses to changes in climatic factors, or whether they agree in their general trends related to phenology, growth, and yield. With the goal of analyzing the sen ...