Jump to Main Content
- Holguin, Angela V., et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Microbial ecology 2013 v.66 no.4 pp. 897-905
- Vibrio; antibiotics; bacteria; bacterial infections; bacteriophages; evolution; food industry; hatcheries; larvae; mortality; pathogenicity; shrimp; therapeutics
- ... Bacterial infections are the second largest cause of mortality in shrimp hatcheries. Among them, bacteria from the genus Vibrio constitute a major threat. As the use of antibiotics may be ineffective and banned from the food sector, alternatives are required. Historically, phage therapy, which is the use of bacteriophages, is thought to be a promising option to fight against bacterial infections. ...
- Holguin, Angela, et al. Show all 12 Authors
- Journal of food protection 2015 v.78 no.4 pp. 802-807
- DNA fingerprinting; Salmonella Heidelberg; Salmonella Paratyphi B; chicken meat; farms; genetic relationships; genotype; humans; molecular biology; monitoring; pathogens; poultry; pulsed-field gel electrophoresis; serotypes; state government; Colombia
- ... Salmonella Paratyphi B dT+ variant (also termed Salmonella Java) and Salmonella Heidelberg are pathogens of public health importance that are frequently isolated from poultry. As a step toward implementing the Colombian Integrated Program for Antimicrobial Resistant Surveillance, this study characterized molecular patterns of Salmonella Paratyphi B dT+ and Salmonella Heidelberg isolated from poult ...
- Holguin, Ángela, et al. Show all 12 Authors
- Molecular phylogenetics and evolution 2012 v.63 no.2 pp. 374-387
- Arthoniales; Brigantiaeaceae; Lecanorales; Letrouitiaceae; Megalosporaceae; Peltigerales; Teloschistaceae; center of diversity; epiphytes; genes; loci; monophyly; phenotypic variation; tropics
- ... The resolution of the phylogenetic relationships within the order Teloschistales (Ascomycota, lichen-forming-fungi), with nearly 2000 known species and outstanding phenotypic diversity, has been hindered by the limitation in the resolving power that single-locus or two-locus phylogenetic studies have provided to date. In this context, an extensive taxon sampling within the Teloschistales with more ...