Jump to Main Content
- Hollenbeck, W.R., et al. Show all 8 Authors
- The Professional animal scientists 2017 v.33 no.4 pp. 440-450
- Holstein; animal performance; byproducts; cannulas; corn; corn germ; crossbreds; diet; digestibility; digestion; distillers grains; feed prices; feeder cattle; growth performance; heifers; immunity; immunoglobulin A; nucleotides; pH; profitability
- ... To improve profitability of newly arrived stressed feeder cattle, it is essential to minimize feed costs and health issues while optimizing growth performance. Effects of nucleotides (NA; PSB Complex; DSS Global LLC, McCormick, SC) in diets containing corn germ meal (CGM) or dried corn distillers grains with solubles (DDGS) on the health and performance of receiving and growing cattle were analyze ...
- Hollenbeck, W.R., et al. Show all 7 Authors
- The Professional animal scientists 2016 v.32 no.3 pp. 295-301
- Holstein; agricultural experiment stations; alfalfa hay; beef; beef cattle; calves; corn gluten; crossbreds; digestibility; experimental diets; growth performance; heifers; pH; steers; wheat straw; Kansas
- ... Two experiments were conducted to determine the effects of including ammoniated wheat straw in diets for beef cattle on growth performance and digestibility. Treatments consisted of diets containing 70% (DM basis) concentrate containing 40% (DM basis) wet corn gluten feed with 30% (DM basis) roughage from wheat straw (STRW), anhydrous ammonia–treated wheat straw (AMMN), or a 50:50 prairie hay and ...