Jump to Main Content
- Hollingsworth, Craig S., et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Vector borne and zoonotic diseases 2016 v.16 no.8 pp. 520-527
- Anaplasma phagocytophilum; Babesia microti; Borrelia burgdorferi; Ixodes scapularis; adults; head; hosts; humans; mixed infection; monitoring; pathogens; quantitative polymerase chain reaction; seasonal variation; ticks; watersheds; Massachusetts
- ... A passive surveillance of tick-borne pathogens was conducted over a 7-year period (2006–2012), in which a total of 3551 ticks were submitted to the University of Massachusetts for PCR testing. The vast majority of these ticks were Ixodes scapularis from Massachusetts (N = 2088) and hence were the focus of further analysis. Two TaqMan duplex qPCR assays were developed to test I. scapularis ticks fo ...
- PubMed Central:
- Hollingsworth, Craig S., et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Journal of medical entomology 2008 v.45 no.6 pp. 1092-1101
- Cimex lectularius; deltamethrin; insecticide resistance; resistance mechanisms; esterases; glutathione transferase; enzyme activity; genetic resistance; sodium channels; molecular cloning; complementary DNA; sequence analysis; amino acid sequences; point mutation; New York
- ... This study establishes deltamethrin resistance in a common bed bug, Cimex lectularius L., population collected from New York City (NY-BB). The NY-BB population was 264-fold more resistant to 1% deltamethrin in contact bioassay compared with an insecticide-susceptible population collected in Florida (FL-BB). General esterase, glutathione S-transferase, and 7-ethoxycoumarin O-deethylase activities o ...