Jump to Main Content
- Hollinshead, Fk, et al. Show all 2 Author
- Theriogenology 2019 v.125 pp. 37-42
- bitches; blood serum; body weight; breeds; estrus; freeze-thaw cycles; insemination; litter size; luteinizing hormone; monitoring; ovulation; progesterone; prospective studies; pups; reproductive performance; reproductive success; semen; whelping
- ... Appropriate timing of insemination in the bitch, through monitoring of serial serum progesterone concentrations, has historically been based on the detection of important physiological reproductive events which include the LH surge and ovulation 2–3 days later. Previous hormone profile studies during the estrus period in the bitch, in which determination of these physiological reproductive events ...
- Hollinshead, FK, et al. Show all 3 Authors
- Reproduction in domestic animals 2017 v.52 Suppl S2 pp. 35-40
- anti-Mullerian hormone; bitches; body weight; breeding; breeding programs; cattle; cohort studies; enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay; humans; insemination; litter size; pups; reproductive performance; semen; whelping; Texas
- ... Anti‐Müllerian hormone (AMH) is a reliable endocrine marker of ovarian reserve in many species with extensive literature in both humans and cattle. However, there are no known hormonal predictors of ovarian reserve and potential reproductive performance in the bitch. A prospective cohort study was performed involving 155 intact bitches of various ages (range 1.2–7.6 years) and breeds that were pre ...