Jump to Main Content
- Holmes, John C., et al. Show all 4 Authors
- cattle; Brucella melitensis biovar Abortus; immunoassays; complement fixation tests; agglutination tests; disease diagnosis
- ... Serologic test data and bacteriologic culture results from 816 cattle were evaluated. Brucella abortus (field strain or strain 19) was isolated from 27.3% of the cows. Results of the card test, particle concentration fluorescence immunoassay (PCFIA), and complement fixation (CF) test were compared. Antibody titers were directly associated with B. abortus isolation, with the majority (64.7%) of fie ...
- Holmes, John C., et al. Show all 3 Authors
- Canadian journal of zoology 1973 v.51 no.8 pp. 817-824
- Ovis canadensis; Protostrongylus; feces; fetus; herds; lambs; larvae; lungs; lungworms; seasonal variation; Alberta; British Columbia
- ... In 58 sets of lungs from bighorns from western Alberta or eastern British Columbia, 91% were infected with Protostrongylus stilesi, and 38% were infected with P. rushi. Four of the five sheep free of P. stilesi were lambs. Lungs from nine near-term fetuses were negative for lungworms.All but 1 of 409 field-collected fecal samples from the same ranges contained larvae of Protostrongylus spp.; count ...