Jump to Main Content
Did you mean to type: maria?
- Holmgren, Marie, et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Biomass and bioenergy 2016 v.90 pp. 95-100
- Coriolus versicolor; biocatalysts; biofuels; enzyme activity; enzymes; ethanol; ethanol fermentation; ethanol production; fossil fuels; furfural; glucose; hydroxymethylfurfural; levulinic acid; lignocellulose; mannose; phenol; white-rot fungi; xylose
- ... Ligno-cellulosic biofuels, notably ethanol produced in processes involving biological fermentation, have high potential as renewable alternatives to fossil fuels. However, ligno-cellulose pretreatment procedures generate substances that inhibit current biocatalysts. Thus, efficient methods are required for improving these organisms' tolerance or developing new biocatalysts with higher tolerance to ...
- Holmgren, Marie, et al. Show all 4 Authors
- BioEnergy research 2012 v.5 no.2 pp. 277-285
- Coriolus versicolor; alcohol dehydrogenase; anaerobic conditions; ethanol; ethanol production; fermentation; fungi; glucose; hexoses; wood; xylose
- ... Bioethanol production by white rot fungus (Trametes versicolor), identified from fungal mixture in naturally decomposing wood samples, from hexoses and xylose was characterized. Results showed that T. versicolor can grow in culture, under hypoxic conditions, with various mixtures of hexoses and xylose and only xylose. Xylose was efficiently fermented to ethanol in media containing mixtures of hexo ...