Jump to Main Content
- Hong, K.Q., et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Journal of horticultural science & biotechnology 2013 v.88 no.3 pp. 243-250
- Glomerella cingulata; anthracnose; catechol oxidase; cultivars; defense mechanisms; disease resistance; enzyme activity; hydrogen peroxide; lignin; mangoes; peroxidase; phenolic compounds; phenylalanine ammonia-lyase; postharvest diseases
- ... Mango (Magnifera indica L.) is a popular fruit, but it is susceptible to post-harvest diseases. To study the resistance of mango fruit to anthracnose disease and the possible defence mechanisms involved, the resistance of two mango cultivars ('Zill' and 'Keitt') was examined in relation to their defence enzyme systems. The results showed that in both young or commercially mature fruit inoculated w ...
- Hong, K.Q., et al. Show all 7 Authors
- Journal of horticultural science & biotechnology 2013 v.88 no.2 pp. 117-122
- 1-methylcyclopropene; total soluble solids; catalase; catechol oxidase; malondialdehyde; relative humidity; superoxide dismutase; weight loss; firmness; titratable acidity; color; guavas; ripening; Psidium guajava; peroxidase; vapors; ascorbic acid
- ... Guava (Psidium guajava L. 'Pearl') fruit were harvested at approx. the 80% mature stage. Fruit were exposed to 1.0 μl l-1 1-methylcyclopropene (1-MCP) gaseous vapour for 12 h in a closed chamber maintained at 25ºC, stored at 28ºC and 60 - 65% relative humidity (RH) for 15 d, then assessed for their physiological and quality characteristics. The results showed that 1-MCP treatment delayed any incre ...