Jump to Main Content
- Horzella, Mariela, et al. Show all 5 Authors
- International journal of dairy technology 2014 v.67 no.4 pp. 554-561
- Enterobacteriaceae; amino acid composition; cadaverine; cheeses; high performance liquid chromatography; histamine; putrescine; regression analysis; risk; tyramine; water activity
- ... The presence of four biogenic amines in Chilean Gauda cheese was studied, and the effect of certain factors may influence the production of those amines. Histamine, tyramine, putrescine and cadaverine were quantified with high‐performance liquid chromatography (HPLC), in cheeses from the three major Chilean cheese manufacturers. Multiple regression analysis revealed that water activity, free amino ...
- Horzella, Mariela, et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Food control 2014 v.36 no.1 pp. 217-223
- Carnobacterium piscicola; Enterococcus mundtii; Listeria monocytogenes; biofilm; disinfection; food processing; nisin; pathogens; refrigeration; regrowth; salmon; stainless steel; storage time; temperature; viability
- ... Conventional disinfection methods have not been successful in eliminating Listeria monocytogenes from biofilms, which has caused difficulty in eradicating the pathogen from the food processing environment. The aim of this study was to formulate and design a biocontroller for application in the food processing environment and to evaluate its inhibitory capacity against biofilms from L. monocytogene ...