Jump to Main Content
- Hoseini, Ebrahim, et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Meat science 2016 v.121 pp. 350-358
- antioxidant activity; beef; color; free radical scavengers; grape pomace; lipid peroxidation; meat emulsions; oxidation; oxidative stability; phenols; sausages; sensory properties; sodium nitrite; thiobarbituric acid-reactive substances
- ... The present study focuses on the effect of different levels of red grape pomace (1 and 2%, w/w) on the color changes, lipid oxidation (TBARS), antioxidant activity, microbial counts, total phenol content and sensory attributes of the sausages formulated with various levels of sodium nitrite (30, 60 and 120mg/kg). It was found that the addition of grape pomace (1%, w/w) in combination of reduced ni ...
- Hoseini, Ebrahim, et al. Show all 4 Authors
- International journal of food science & technology 2012 v.47 no.5 pp. 977-984
- Oncorhynchus mykiss; acids; color; fillets; freezing; frozen storage; gamma radiation; irradiation; nitrogen content; odors; pH; peroxide value; statistical analysis; storage time; taste; texture
- ... The present study was conducted to evaluate the combined effect of lowâdose gamma irradiation (1, 3 and 5âkGy) and frozen storage (5âmonths at â20âÂ°C) on chemical and sensory characteristics of rainbow trout (Oncorhynchus mykiss) fillet. Our statistical analysis showed that irradiation process and frozen storage time had a significant effect (Pâ<â0.05) on total volatile nitrogen (TV ...