Jump to Main Content
- House, P. K., et al. Show all 3 Authors
- River research and applications 2014 v.30 no.9 pp. 1084-1098
- arid lands; botanical composition; climatic factors; drying; floodplains; groundwater; habitats; landscapes; models; plant communities; rivers; sediments; surveys; vegetation; Arizona
- ... Rivers and their floodplains worldwide have changed dramatically over the last century because of regulation by dams, flow diversions and channel stabilization. Floodplains no longer inundated by river flows following dam‐induced flood reduction comprise large areas of bottomland habitat, but the effects of abandonment on plant communities are not well understood. Using a hydraulic flow model, geo ...
- House, P., et al. Show all 7 Authors
- Journal of rural health 2000 v.16 no.1 pp. 81-90
- health services; rural communities; surveys; community development; Alaska; Idaho; Montana; Washington; Wyoming
- ... A rural health services development program of the University of Washington School of Medicine has worked for 15 years with communities throughout the five-state region of Alaska, Idaho, Montana, Washington and Wyoming to strengthen their health systems. In the course of that work, 56 communities were surveyed about their utilization and opinions of local health systems. This database allows the f ...