Jump to Main Content
- Hsu, Chih-Ming, et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Nutrients 2019 v.11 no.11
- alanine transaminase; animal disease models; antioxidant enzymes; aspartate transaminase; blood serum; body weight; carbon; enzyme activity; glutathione peroxidase; glutathione-disulfide reductase; hepatoprotective effect; histology; liver; liver diseases; malondialdehyde; mice; necrosis; neutrophils; silymarin; superoxide dismutase; taxifolin; vacuoles
- ... Objective: To investigate the hepatoprotective mechanisms of taxifolin in mice with acute liver injury induced by CCl4. Methods: ICR (Institute of Cancer research) mice were orally pretreated using taxifolin for 7 consecutive days and were then given single intraperitoneal (i.p.) injections of 0.2% CCl4 (10 mL/kg body weight, i.p.). Liver injury was then determined using assa ...
- PubMed Central:
- Hsu, Chih-Ming, et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Trends in food science & technology 2014 v.35 no.1 pp. 69-82
- business enterprises; e-commerce; engineering; foods; freshness; markets; models; Taiwan
- ... The complementary effect produced by e-commerce integrated with home delivery service creates tremendous opportunities. These opportunities enable marketers to develop new services, allowing online shoppers to not only shorten their order cycle time but also allowing them multiple options to satisfy their shopping desires. Some studies have been performed to examine the issue of new service develo ...
- Hsu, Chih-Ming, et al. Show all 8 Authors
- Journal of functional foods 2014 v.10 pp. 260-273
- AMP-activated protein kinase; Cucurbita moschata; animal disease models; ferulic acid; glycemic effect; insulin; insulin resistance; insulin-like effect; mice; noninsulin-dependent diabetes mellitus; pumpkins; screening
- ... Pumpkin has been suggested to have an antidiabetic effect, but the bioactives involved and molecular mechanisms mediating its hypoglycaemic activity are not clear. This study characterized some of the hypoglycaemic constituents in the crude extract of the Cucurbita moschata stem and investigated the mechanisms of their action. The C. moschata stem extract showed a hypoglycaemic effect in vivo in s ...