Jump to Main Content
- Hsu, Hui-Min, et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Streptococcus suis; ampicillin; arginine deiminase; bacteria; bronchopneumonia; calves; chlortetracycline; clindamycin; enrofloxacin; florfenicol; genes; gentamicin; heart; hepatitis; inflammation; intestines; liver; lungs; lymph nodes; meninges; meningitis; multiple drug resistance; neomycin; oxytetracycline; pathogenicity islands; pathogens; pulsed-field gel electrophoresis; ribosomal DNA; sequence analysis; spectinomycin; spleen; sulfadimethoxine; tiamulin
- ... Sixteen isolates of gram-positive, coccoid bacteria were obtained from clinical cases of diverse conditions in cattle and identified as Streptococcus suis using 16S ribosomal DNA gene sequencing and other bacterial identification methods. None of the isolates could be assigned to any of the known S. suis capsular types. Virulence-associated gene profiling that targeted muramidase-released protein, ...
- Hsu, Hui-Min, et al. Show all 12 Authors
- Journal of Aquatic Animal Health 2016 v.28 no.2 pp. 131-141
- Bafinivirus; Esox masquinongy; Pimephales promelas; eyes; fins; fish; gills; glycoproteins; hatcheries; hepatitis; histopathology; intraperitoneal injection; juveniles; kidneys; lakes; mortality; necrosis; nucleotide sequences; pathogenicity; phylogeny; reverse transcriptase polymerase chain reaction; risk; tissues; viruses; Michigan; Wisconsin
- ... In 2011, the Fathead Minnow nidovirus (FHMNV; Genus Bafinivirus , Family Coronaviridae , Order Nidovirales) was isolated from pond-raised juvenile Muskellunge Esox masquinongy suffering from lingering mortality at the Wild Rose Hatchery in Wild Rose, Wisconsin. Moribund Muskellunge exhibited tubular necrosis in the kidneys as well as multifocal coalescing necrotizing hepatitis. The FHMNV was also ...