Jump to Main Content
- Hu, Qing-Ling, et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Insect biochemistry and molecular biology 2018 v.102 pp. 31-42
- Nematoda; Nilaparvata lugens; RNA interference; abdomen; adults; alternative splicing; body size; courtship; females; genes; insects; males; nymphs; oligomerization; reproductive system; sex determination; sexual development; vertebrates
- ... In the sex determination cascade, the genes dsx (doublesex) in insects, mab-3 (male abnormal 3) in nematodes, and Dmrt1 (dsx/mab-3 related transcription factor-1) in vertebrates act as the base molecular switches and play important roles. Moreover, these genes share the same conserved feature domain-DNA-binding oligomerization domain (OD1), and female-specific dsx also has a conserved oligomerizat ...
- Hu, Qing-Ling, et al. Show all 8 Authors
- TheFlorida entomologist 2018 v.101 no.3 pp. 498-504
- Drosophila melanogaster; Drosophila suzukii; acetaldehyde; acetaldehyde dehydrogenase; adults; alcohol dehydrogenase; alcohol tolerance; ethanol; fruits; grapes; larvae; lethal concentration 50; mortality; niches; oviposition; pests
- ... Drosophila suzukii (Matsumura) (Diptera: Drosphilidae) is an important pest that causes damage to fruits of over 60 plant species. Drosophila suzukii oviposits on ripe fruit, while D. melanogaster oviposits on decaying fruit. Therefore, these species occupy separate ecological niches. To provide a better understanding of the alcohol tolerance between these 2 species and explore the relationship of ...