Jump to Main Content
- hUallacháin, D. Ó, et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Irish journal of agricultural and food research 2019 v.58 no.1 pp. 13-20
- European Union; agri-environmental policy; aquatic invertebrates; cattle; drinking; farmers; farms; grasslands; hydrochemistry; macroinvertebrates; streams; water quality; Ireland
- ... Measures that prevent cattle access to watercourses are commonly implemented through agri-environment schemes, in an effort to address the objectives of the Water Framework Directive. Despite the widespread implementation, few studies have assessed the impact of cattle access to streams on aquatic macroinvertebrates. This study assessed the local-scale impact of cattle drinking points on water qua ...
- Huallacháin, D. Ó., et al. Show all 7 Authors
- European journal of soil science 2018 v.69 no.3 pp. 414-428
- carbon; drainage; grassland soils; grasslands; land management; microbial biomass; microbial communities; physicochemical properties; poorly drained soils; soil chemical properties; soil ecosystems; soil microorganisms; soil quality; soil texture; surveys; water stress; Ireland
- ... The functional potential of soil ecosystems can be predicted from the activity and abundance of the microbial community in relation to key soil properties. When describing microbial community dynamics, soil physicochemical properties have traditionally been used. The extent of correlations between properties, however, differs between studies, especially across larger spatial scales. In this resear ...