Jump to Main Content
- Huang, Quanfei, et al. Show all 8 Authors
- Science 2014 v.346 no.6215 pp. 1246338
- W chromosome; Z chromosome; chickens; females; genes; males; mammals; phylogeny
- ... Sex-specific chromosomes, like the W of most female birds and the Y of male mammals, usually have lost most genes owing to a lack of recombination. We analyze newly available genomes of 17 bird species representing the avian phylogenetic range, and find that more than half of them do not have as fully degenerated W chromosomes as that of chicken. We show that avian sex chromosomes harbor tremendou ...
- Huang, Quanfei, et al. Show all 35 Authors
- Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of the United States of America 2012 v.109 no.30 pp. 12219-12224
- Arabidopsis; abiotic stress; abscisic acid; chromosomes; defense mechanisms; extremophiles; genes; genomics; models; salt tolerance; stress tolerance
- ... Thellungiella salsuginea, a close relative of Arabidopsis , represents an extremophile model for abiotic stress tolerance studies. We present the draft sequence of the T. salsuginea genome, assembled based on ∼134-fold coverage to seven chromosomes with a coding capacity of at least 28,457 genes. This genome provides resources and evidence about the nature of defense mechanisms constituting the ge ...
- PubMed Central: