Jump to Main Content
- Huerta-Rábago, José Alberto, et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Aquaculture 2019 v.502 pp. 26-31
- Oreochromis niloticus; biofloc technology; carbon; corn flour; crude protein; fingerlings; glass fibers; sugars; tanks; tissue analysis; water quality; wheat flour
- ... The biofloc technology, can successfully use in tilapia fingerling commercial production with some benefits, nevertheless the studies are scarce. The objective was to determine the effect of the BFT system using different carbon sources on the productive parameters, demand of feed and water, in tilapia fingerlings (Oreochromis niloticus) production. The study was conducted at the company Centro Ac ...
- Huerta-Rábago, José Alberto, et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Aquaculture 2019 v.502 pp. 391-399
- Bacteroidetes; Litopenaeus vannamei; Planctomycetes; Proteobacteria; bacteria; biofloc technology; commercial farms; ponds; probiotics; ribosomal RNA; shrimp; species diversity
- ... The aim of this study was to describe the effect of the addition of commercial probiotics on the bacterial diversity in biofloc generated in a commercial farm of whiteleg shrimp Litopenaeus vannamei. The experiment consisted of a simple random design with three treatments by triplicate (two commercial probiotics: PA and PB, and one control, C). The PA was composed by a mixture (50:50) of Efinol PT ...