Jump to Main Content
- Humpa, Otakar, et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Food hydrocolloids 2017 v.67 pp. 148-156
- Fourier transform infrared spectroscopy; Sterculia urens; ambient temperature; biopolymers; food industry; hydrocolloids; medicine; nuclear magnetic resonance spectroscopy; plant exudates; plant gums; potassium hydroxide; rheology; scanning electron microscopy; sodium; solubility; solubilization
- ... Natural polysaccharide gum karaya (GK, Sterculia urens) is a plant exudates widely available and relatively cheap biomaterial, which is used in food industry. However, GK is insoluble in water and it limits subsequent processing and broader utilization in medicine. Different conditions for the solubilization of GK were evaluated in this work (e.g. type and concentration of hydroxide, concentration ...
- Humpa, Otakar, et al. Show all 8 Authors
- Journal of natural products 2014 v.77 no.10 pp. 2255-2263
- P-glycoproteins; Schisandra chinensis; cytotoxicity; doxorubicin; enantiomers; humans; leukemia; lignans; quantitative structure-activity relationships
- ... The aim of the present study was to determine the structural requirements for dibenzocyclooctadiene lignans essential for P-glycoprotein inhibition. Altogether 15 structurally related lignans isolated from Schisandra chinensis or prepared by modification of their backbone were investigated, including three pairs of enantiomers. P-Glycoprotein inhibition was quantified using a doxorubicin accumulat ...