Jump to Main Content
- Huo, Sen, et al. Show all 3 Authors
- Applied energy 2019 v.233-234 pp. 776-788
- catalysts; cathodes; cold; desorption; dynamic models; electrochemistry; electrolytes; freezing; fuel cells; ice; liquids; water vapor
- ... An analytical dynamic model is proposed to predict the cold start behavior of proton exchange membrane (PEM) fuel cell. Water phase transition mechanisms have been reconstructed based on the five states of water migrating in the fuel cell, composed of water vapor, super-cooled water (liquid water), ice, membrane water (water dissolved in solid electrolyte) and frozen membrane water, in order to ex ...
- Huo, Sen, et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Applied energy 2017 v.203 pp. 101-114
- cathodes; commercialization; foams; fuel cells; heat; ice; nickel; temperature
- ... Metal foam has been regarded as one of the most important replacement for the conventional flow distributor of commercial fuel cells in recent years. One critical issue for the commercialization of proton exchange membrane (PEM) fuel cell is the successful startup from subzero temperatures. In this study, experimental tests on a PEM fuel cell using nickel metal foam as the cathode flow distributor ...