Jump to Main Content
- Huy, Hoang Trieu, et al. Show all 2 Author
- Land use policy 2019 v.81 pp. 408-423
- cropland; data collection; developing countries; farms; land use; markets; rural education and training; Vietnam
- ... Increasing farm technical efficiency in developing countries is essential to raise farm productivity, and cropland rental market is theoretically expected to contribute to farm production efficiency growth. However, empirical evidence on the relationship between cropland rental market and farm technical efficiency in developing countries is scarce. In this paper, we apply the one-step stochastic f ...
- Huy, Hoang Trieu, et al. Show all 4 Authors
- The Australian journal of agricultural and resource economics 2016 v.60 no.3 pp. 476-492
- cropland; crops; farm income; farm size; farmers; households; logit analysis; markets; rice; roads; small farms; surveys; wetlands; Vietnam
- ... Farm incomes in rural Vietnam are tightly constrained by very small farm sizes. Stringent limits on the area of cropland that individuals may own means that farmers need a well‐functioning rental market to consolidate land parcels, grow their farm enterprises, adopt new technology and increase incomes. This research investigates the efficiency and equity impacts of the rental market in rural Vietn ...