Jump to Main Content
- Huye, Holly F., et al. Show all 4 Authors
- The Journal of child nutrition & management 2014 v.38 no.2
- adults; analysis of variance; arsenic; behavior change; child care; child care centers; child nutrition; childhood obesity; children; color; education programs; foods; health services; nutritionists; parent education; physical activity; surveys; Mississippi
- ... Purpose/Objectives The purpose of this research was to determine the level of implementation and perceived value in creating knowledge and behavior change from the Color Me Healthy (CMH) training program in child care centers, family day care homes, or Head Start facilities throughout Mississippi. Methods A two-phase survey was used to initially assess participants’ perception of a standardized CM ...
- Huye, Holly F., et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Contemporary Clinical Trials 2015 v.42 pp. 196-203
- Whites; behavior change; blood pressure; cross contamination; data collection; experimental design; females; linear models; nutritional adequacy; nutritional intervention; planning; quality of life; rural health; rural population; self-efficacy; social support; sociodemographic characteristics; vegetables; Mississippi
- ... Background: Intervention research in rural, health disparate communities presents unique challenges for study design, implementation, and evaluation. Challenges include: 1) culturally appropriate intervention components; 2) participant recruitment and retention; 3) treatment cross-contamination; 4) intervention delivery and data collection; and 5) potential measurement reactivity. Purpose: The pur ...
- Huye, Holly F., et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Journal of nutrition education and behavior 2014 v.46 no.1 pp. 34-42
- Blacks; Whites; academic degrees; cooking; healthy diet; lifestyle; meal planning; motivation; nutritional intervention; program planning; river deltas; women; Mississippi
- ... Identification of prominent themes to be considered when planning a nutrition intervention using the Reach, Effectiveness, Adoption, Implementation, and Maintenance framework.Qualitative formative research.Women's social and civic organizations in the Lower Mississippi Delta.Thirty-seven (5 white and 32 black) women with a college degree or higher.Impact of dietary and contextual factors related t ...