Jump to Main Content
- I.M. Pérez‐Díaz, et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Journal of applied microbiology 2018 v.124 no.1 pp. 197-208
- Lactobacillus brevis; Lactobacillus plantarum; calcium chloride; carbon dioxide; carbon dioxide production; cucumbers; fermentation; fruits; industry; malic acid; microorganisms; multiple strain starters; pickling; screening; sugars
- ... AIMS: Accumulation of carbon dioxide (CO₂) in cucumber fermentations is known to cause hollow cavities inside whole fruits or bloaters, conducive to economic losses for the pickling industry. This study focused on evaluating the use of a malic acid decarboxylase (MDC)‐deficient starter culture to minimize CO₂ production and the resulting bloater index in sodium chloride‐free cucumber fermentations ...
- I.M. Pérez-Díaz, et al. Show all 6 Authors
- International journal of food microbiology 2015 v.203 pp. 35-40
- Leuconostoc; Smallanthus sonchifolius; acetic acids; fermentation; foods; lactic acid; lactic acid bacteria; mannitol; microbial ecology; pH; prebiotics; probiotics; roots; shelf life; sodium chloride; viability; yeasts
- ... The prebiotic fructooligosaccharide content of yacon makes this root an attractive alternative for the supplementation of a variety of food products. The preservation of yacon by fermentation has been proposed as an alternative to increase the probiotic content of the root concomitantly with its shelf life. Thus the fermented yacon could have significant functional content. The objective of this r ...
- PubMed Central:
- I.M. Pérez-Díaz, et al. Show all 11 Authors
- Food microbiology 2017 v.63 pp. 217-227
- DNA; Lactobacillus pentosus; Lactococcus; Leuconostoc; Pediococcus; Weissella; amino acids; biosynthesis; carbohydrates; cucumbers; dissolved oxygen; fermentation; genes; high performance liquid chromatography; lactic acid bacteria; organic acids and salts; pH; replication origin; tanks; temperature
- ... A compositional re-assessment of the microbiota present in commercial cucumber fermentation using culture independent and dependent methods was conducted, with emphasis on lactic acid bacteria (LAB). Two commercial cucumber fermentation tanks were monitored by measuring pH, dissolved oxygen and temperature, and used as sources of samples for microbial plating, genomic DNA extraction and measuremen ...