Jump to Main Content
- Iandola, Susan K., et al. Show all 3 Authors
- Foods 2013 v.2 no.4 pp. 534
- cheeses; gas chromatography; mass spectrometry; microextraction; milk; quantitative analysis; solid phase extraction; volatile compounds; whey powder; whey protein
- ... Solid phase microextraction and gas chromatography-mass spectrometry (SPME-GC-MS) are commonly used for qualitative and quantitative analysis of volatile compounds in various dairy products, but conditions have to be adjusted to maximize release while not generating new compounds that are absent in the original sample. Queso Fresco, a fresh non-melting cheese, may be heated at 60 °C for 30 min; in ...
- PubMed Central:
- Iandola, Susan K., et al. Show all 10 Authors
- Journal of dairy science 2016 v.99 no.3 pp. 2372-2383
- bags; heat; lysine; microbial load; relative humidity; shelf life; storage temperature; volatile compounds; water activity; whey protein concentrate
- ... In a case study, we monitored the physical properties of 2 batches of whey protein concentrate (WPC) under adverse storage conditions to provide information on shelf life in hot, humid areas. Whey protein concentrates with 34.9g of protein/100g (WPC34) and 76.8g of protein/100g (WPC80) were stored for up to 18mo under ambient conditions and at elevated temperature and relative humidity. The sample ...