Jump to Main Content
- Ignjatović, Đurđica, et al. Show all 8 Authors
- Acta veterinaria 2017 v.67 no.1 pp. 107-120
- Aronia melanocarpa; adults; arachidonic acid; beverages; blood glucose; cholesterol; dose response; fatty acid composition; food intake; human population; juices; liver; low density lipoprotein; males; monounsaturated fatty acids; omega-3 fatty acids; phospholipid fatty acids; placebos; polyphenols; rats
- ... A nutritional placebo-controlled study was performed in Wistar rats in order to investigate the effects of 5-weeks aronia juice consumption towards fatty acid (FA) composition of phospholipids in the plasma and liver, as well as plasma glucose (Glu) and cholesterol levels. The animals were divided into 3 groups of 8 animals each, and randomized to receive either the full polyphenol dose of Aronia ...
- Ignjatović, Đurđica, et al. Show all 7 Authors
- Food & function 2016 v.7 no.7 pp. 3111-3120
- Aronia melanocarpa; antioxidant activity; anxiety; drinking; elevated plus-maze test; forced swimming test; fruit juices; fruits; functional foods; high performance liquid chromatography; in vitro studies; males; polyphenols; rats; small fruits
- ... The treatment of mood and anxiety disorders by nutraceuticals is gaining growing awareness. Berries of Aronia melanocarpa (Black chokeberry) and their extracts, exceptionally abundant in diverse phenolic compounds, have become famous for the highest in vitro antioxidant activity among fruits and notable health benefits (e.g. anti-diabetic, anti-inflammatory, cardioprotective). This study was desig ...