Jump to Main Content
- Iizuka, Michiro, et al. Show all 9 Authors
- Natural medicines 2019 v.73 no.1 pp. 202-209
- antioxidant activity; cortex; gene expression; herbal medicines; hypertrophy; inflammation; kidneys; liver; messenger RNA; mice; muscular atrophy; oxidative stress; patients; skeletal muscle; spleen; streptozotocin; superoxide dismutase; thymus gland; transcription (genetics)
- ... A decrease in skeletal muscle mass and motor function occurs in diabetic patients. In type 1 diabetic patients, in particular, fast-type fiber-dominated muscle atrophy occurs due to increased oxidative stress and inflammation. Juzentaihoto is a herbal medicine that has been found to be effective in reducing oxidative stress. In this study, juzentaihoto hot water extract (JTT) was administered prop ...
- Iizuka, Michiro, et al. Show all 18 Authors
- Journal of medicinal food 2016 v.19 no.5 pp. 435-441
- Zingiber montanum; central nervous system diseases; diet; ginger; immunohistochemistry; memory; mice; models; neurites; neurogenesis; rats; sprouting; South East Asia
- ... Bangle (Zingiber purpureum) is a tropical ginger that is used as a spice in Southeast Asia. Phenylbutenoid dimers isolated from Bangle have exhibited neurotrophic effects in primary cultured rat cortical neurons and PC12 cells. Furthermore, chronic treatment with phenylbutenoid dimers enhances hippocampal neurogenesis in olfactory bulbectomized mice. In this study, we investigated the effects of B ...