Jump to Main Content
- Incani, Renzo Nino, et al. Show all 8 Authors
- Acta tropica 2017 v.167 pp. 64-70
- Ancylostoma; Ascaris lumbricoides; Blastocystis; Cryptosporidium; Entamoeba histolytica; Enterobius vermicularis; Giardia lamblia; Necator americanus; Strongyloides stercoralis; Trichuris trichiura; cross-sectional studies; diagnostic techniques; helminths; microscopy; parasitoses; pollution; quantitative polymerase chain reaction; reverse transcriptase polymerase chain reaction; rural communities; trophozoites; Venezuela
- ... A cross-sectional study was carried out to determine the prevalence and diagnostic performance of microscopy and real time PCR (RT-PCR) for 14 intestinal parasites in a Venezuelan rural community with a long history of persistent intestinal parasitic infections despite the implementation of regular anthelminthic treatments. A total of 228 participants were included in this study. A multiplex RT-PC ...
- Incani, Renzo Nino, et al. Show all 7 Authors
- Parasitology international 2017 v.66 no.1 pp. 816-820
- Schistosoma mansoni; acid phosphatase; adults; alanine; alkaline phosphatase; alpha-mannosidase; aminopeptidases; enzyme substrates; host-parasite relationships; juveniles; parasites; schistosomula
- ... Schistosoma mansoni enzymes play important roles in host-parasite interactions and are potential targets for immunological and/or pharmacological attack. The aim of this study was to comparatively assess the presence of hydrolytic activities (phosphatases, glycosidases, aminopeptidases) in soluble (SF) and membrane (MF) fractions from different S. mansoni developmental stages (schistosomula 0 and ...
- Incani, Renzo Nino, et al. Show all 3 Authors
- Parasitology research 2007 v.101 no.2 pp. 301-309
- Schistosoma mansoni; Western blotting; adults; alkaline phosphatase; antigens; blood; chemical composition; chemotherapy; chromatography; cysteine proteinases; digestion; digestive system; drugs; enzyme activity; humans; mice; parasitoses; people; temperature
- ... Schistosoma mansoni is a parasitic trematode of the portal-mesenteric veins with a closed-end intestine. Adult worms regurgitate their intestinal content after digestion, together with constituents of the lining gut. Some of these molecules circulate in the blood and are antigenic. We obtain a “vomit” preparation and preliminary evaluate its biochemical composition and antigenic capacity. The “vom ...