Jump to Main Content
- Ingram, J.S.I., et al. Show all 3 Authors
- Agriculture, ecosystems & environment 2008 v.126 no.1-2 pp. 4-12
- research and development; agricultural research; agricultural policy; economic impact; soil quality; farming systems; cropping systems; plant pests; crop yield; food security; global warming; population growth; environmental degradation; weeds; plant adaptation; water resources; human food chain; international cooperation
- ... Societal concern is growing about the consequences of climate change for food systems and, in a number of regions, for food security. There is also concern that meeting the rising demand for food is leading to environmental degradation thereby exacerbating factors in part responsible for climate change, and further undermining the food systems upon which food security is based. A major emphasis of ...
- Ingram, J.S.I., et al. Show all 14 Authors
- Environmental science & policy 2012 v.15 no.1 pp. 136-144
- agricultural management; agronomy; air temperature; aquaculture; climate; climate change; crops; environmental science; farmers; food security; information services; issues and policy; monitoring; prediction; rangelands; risk; rural poverty
- ... Agriculture and food security are key sectors for intervention under climate change. Agricultural production is highly vulnerable even to 2C (low-end) predictions for global mean temperatures in 2100, with major implications for rural poverty and for both rural and urban food security. Agriculture also presents untapped opportunities for mitigation, given the large land area under crops and rangel ...