Jump to Main Content
- Iqbal, Aamir, et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Food and bioproducts processing 2019 v.117 pp. 170-182
- carbon dioxide; catechol oxidase; enzyme activation; enzyme activity; enzyme inactivation; food industry; food processing; foods; fruits; high pressure treatment; nonthermal processing; ultrasonics; vegetables
- ... Polyphenol oxidase (PPO) is thought to be a threat to the food industry because it initiates the browning reaction during fruit and vegetables processing. Therefore, thermal and non-thermal technologies such as high hydrostatic pressure, ultrasound and high pressure carbon dioxide are being used effectively to lower the enzymatic activity to get good quality food products. The structural changes a ...
- Iqbal, Aamir, et al. Show all 7 Authors
- Innovative food science & emerging technologies 2019 v.54 pp. 43-50
- Malus domestica; apple juice; apples; carbon dioxide; catechol oxidase; circular dichroism spectroscopy; deformation; dissociation; electrophoresis; enzyme activity; fluorescence; food industry; fruit quality; gases; gels; light scattering; oxidation; polyphenols
- ... This study investigated the effect of different states of CO2 on the activity and structural modification of purified polyphenol oxidase (PPO) from apple juice. CO2 in critical and supercritical states strongly inhibited the PPO activity up to 64.88% and 3.20%, respectively. Dynamic light scattering analysis showed that the two peaks depolymerised into three peaks in the critical state, demonstrat ...