Jump to Main Content
- Iqdiam, BasheerM., et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Food and bioprocess technology 2018 v.11 no.7 pp. 1350-1358
- acidity; aflatoxins; applicators; color; containers; cooking fats and oils; free fatty acids; fungi; heat treatment; ice; oxidative stability; peanut oil; peanuts; peroxide value; photochemistry; product quality; temperature
- ... Peanuts are an economically significant crop that is commonly used for edible oil production; however, they are prone to contamination by aflatoxin (AFT)-producing fungi. Common methods to treat edible oils for AFTs often utilize high temperatures (> 100 °C) to thermally degrade the toxins. However, high temperatures often negatively impact product quality. In this study, pulsed light (PL) was ass ...
- Iqdiam, BasheerM., et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Food and bioprocess technology 2018 v.11 no.3 pp. 634-644
- cell walls; droplets; extra-virgin olive oil; heat; kneading; mixing; olives; oxidative stability; pastes; peroxide value; pigments; polyphenols; product quality; temperature
- ... High power ultrasound (HPU) provides rapid heating of olive paste and disrupts cell walls, helping small oil droplets exit tissue and coalesce. This has been shown to improve oil yield and reduce malaxation time without affecting oil quality. Indirect and direct HPU at different treatment times were examined on Arbequina and Frantoio olive pastes. Olive pastes were mixed at four different malaxati ...